Play all your favorite Gameboy Color games
Gameboy (Color) emulator based on Gambatte, designed and tested on the original Droid/Milestone and the Xoom, but works on many devices with similar specs.
* Accurate emulation and high compatibility rate, similar compatibility to Gambatte 0.4.1 for PCs
* Selectable color palettes when playing original GB games
* Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states. State files from Gambatte should work on GBC.emu and vice-versa.
* Supports games in .gb and .gbc formats, optionally in .zip files
* Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls & keyboard support (needs Android 2.1+ for multi-touch, up to 3 touches supported at once)
* Wiimote + Classic Controller and iControlPad support (no need to purchase a separate app, see website for full instructions)
* Portrait/Landscape auto-orientation support
No ROMs are included with this app and must be supplied by the user. A number of public domain games/demos are available at www.pdroms.de. Transfer games anywhere to your SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard). Enable the Direct Texture option if supported by your device to increase performance (don't enable on the Xoom, it's not needed and simply set frameskip to 0 for full-speed emulation).
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info, ports for other platforms, and my other apps.
Note to HTC Desire users: There's a serious bug in this device's OpenGL driver in Android 2.2 and below that may cause lock-ups, update to 2.3 if possible. I'm currently looking into a work-around for those that can't update.
Comments are currently closed.